We offer an opportunity for those who are investing their time and resources into ministry with Scripture Union to become members. In addition, it is hoped that this is one way our Alumni can remain connected.
Who can become a member?
A member of Scripture Union may be:
a. Members of the National Board, and the President.
b. Volunteers and supporters of Scripture Union.
c. Staff of Scripture Union
What is Scripture Union membership?
Membership is a formal way of recognising a person’s willingness to be involved in ministry and align with the values and reputation of Scripture Union. It provides an opportunity to attend the Annual General Meeting of Scripture Union and contribute to discussions, vote on appointments, and be involved in decision making for ministry. In between those meetings, we’ll make sure we communicate regularly on developments in the movement.
Membership is entirely optional, but we hope to grow the number of members over time to undergird the leadership offered by governance and staff. Membership is not governance, but supports it, creates a level of accountability, and keeps us connected to communities across New Zealand.
- Membership is offered, but you must respond to the invitation.
- Members will be required to indicate their acceptance of the Scripture Union Statement of Faith.
- You can become a member by expressing your interest (see below).
- The board receives and confirms applications for membership.
- Members will be required to affirm the continuation of their membership every three (3) years.
How do I become a member?
Download the attached form and return by:
Post: Membership, c/-Scripture Union, PO Box 760, Wellington 6140
Call us on 0508 423 836 to request a copy
Helping children and young people to discover and follow Jesus, grow as leaders and influence our world.