Tarore – Rangimarie (Peace)
Joy Cowley has published a fascinating book called ‘Tarore and her Book’. It tells the true story of Tarore, a little girl who made a huge difference to the people of New Zealand as she bought God’s message of rangimarie/peace to the people around her. It is illustrated with paintings by Mary Glover Bibby. When you choose this programme for your club you will be sent enough copies for every child to have a book to take home - for free!
We have provided you below:
- More detailed scripts of the story to help you when telling each chapter to your SUPAkidz club
- A series of photos taken by one of our SUPAkidz clubs of some of the historic sites of the events of the Tarore Story. You can download a full size version to use when telling the story to your club. Thank you to Tamahere SUPAkidz Club for these photos!
- New Resources to Come!!!
- To use for week two to create the atmosphere of a campfire: A virtual YouTube campfire!
- Check out William Colenso's Printing Press: The Printing Press
- Find out how to speed stack with a set of plastic cups: Speed Stacking
Resources and forms for downloading
- Tarore's Story in photographs (249.0 KB) - A few years back the Tamahere SUPAkidz club leaders visited the places mentioned in Tarore's story. These are their photos.
- A colour copy of the Memory Verse cards. (75.7 KB) - This sheet has a full colour version of the Memory Verse cards on pg 5. Photocopy these onto light card and cut up (2 copies per sheet)
- Rangimarie Rhyme (82.0 KB) - This great little rhyme works well with younger children. Use it as part of your focus time to help the children remember what PEACE is all about!
- Make your own felt bag (282.7 KB) - This is an instruction card for making felt bags with your club. There are photos and step by step instructions. Easy peasy!
- NZ Map (66.9 KB) - Week Five Story: This is a New Zealand Map with the places marked on it that show the journey the Bible took as it travelled NZ.
- Colour Certificates (366.5 KB) - Print these certificates out on light card to give to each child who has come along to SUPAkidz this term. You may like to give them to children who have come to four or more.
- These are additional scripts you can use to tell the story with. Chapter 1 (25.6 KB)
- Chapter 2 (26.4 KB)
- Chapter 3 (25.4 KB)
- Chapter 4 (23.4 KB)
- Chapter 5 (20.8 KB)
- Chapter 6 (25.0 KB)