Words of Faith is one of 3 Bible and prayer guides in the Being with God series for people with dementia – and the elderly who are struggling with memory loss.
Each title in the series includes:
- 31 daily devotionals: Bible readings, prayers – clearly and simply set out for ease of use.
- ‘Cues and clues’ box with suggestions of picture and object clues to help engagement with the day’s theme.
- A CD with a hymn or song for every day, specially compiled for these guides by music producer Gordon Lorenz (listen to a sample)
- A brief ‘expert’ introduction and 'How to use…' section.
- Foreword by Pam Rhodes (BBC TV presenter)
- Developed in consultation with ‘experts’ in dementia care.
Words of Faith includes the following Bible reading series:
Jesus - Words and stories
Words and stories of Jesus from the gospels offer comfort and encourage faith.
God's heroes - Faithful lives
The old stories of biblical heroes inspire courage and trust in a faithful God.
What others have said about the series
‘With its carefully chosen mix of familiar words and evocative music, this imaginative and practical resource is nothing less than a Godsend.’
Pam Rhodes, Presenter of BBC’s ‘Songs of Praise', Patron of MHA
‘Any Christian who has sat alongside a person with dementia – especially someone deeply loved – will know … the anguish of wondering how to share the Good News, to speak out of a faith that is both confident and sensitive. This collection of resources will be a great gift in such circumstances and I am very grateful to those who have prepared it.’
Dr Rowan Williams, Archbishop of Canterbury